Purpose and description
The Smart3D Interoperability tool is supported for all Tekla Structures configurations, to provide full interoperability with the Intergraph Smart™ 3D plant design system from Intergraph. Interoperability is provided via the CIS/2 (CIMSteel2) data exchange method, a very common format in the structural steel industry.
Tekla Structures and Intergraph Smart™ 3D 2009.1 to 2018.
Please ensure that Intergraph Smart™ 3D is up to date with the latest service releases or hotfixes.
The extension is available in a *.tsep (Tekla Structures extension package) format.
To install the *.tsep based extensions to Tekla Structures (available in Tekla Structures 2016 to 2019) from Tekla Warehouse:
- Download the extension.
According to which browser you are using, when the file has been downloaded either the Tekla Structures extension manager will open automatically or you may need to right click on the downloaded file and choose the ‘open’ option.
- The Tekla Structures extension manager dialog will be displayed and will show a list of installed Tekla Structures versions compatible with the extension. Choose the versions you wish to install to by selecting the check boxes next to each version’s name, then click ‘Import’. You may be asked to accept the License.
- The extensions will now be queued for installation to the selected versions. The installation will happen the next time that version is started.
To install a saved *.tsep extension package to additional Tekla Structures installations:
Having downloaded a *.tsep based extension, that file may be saved and installed on multiple Tekla Structures installations:
- To import from a running Tekla Structures:
- Open the Applications & Components menu and from its ‘Access advanced features’ button menu select ‘Extension manager…’ which will open the manager dialog.
- Click on the ‘Import…’ button and browse to the extension you wish to install.
- The chosen extension will be added to the import queue for the running version and installed when Tekla Structures is next restarted.
- To install from the file manager menu:
- Browse to the saved file, right click on the file and select ‘Open’, the Tekla Structures extension manager dialog will be displayed.
- Choose the version(s) to install to and click on ‘Import’.
- The chosen extension will be added to the import queue for the version(s) selected and installed when Tekla Structures is next restarted.